Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In the works: Decoupaged napkins mirrors in red and green, decoupaged cylindrical vase


I've stained two more 10-inch x 10-inch mirrors and left a third one raw in preparation for another napkin decoupage project like this one. I've also been experimenting with applying images to a children's play tea set in four different colors and will see how they turn out and whether they meet my selling standards.

I tried using one of Durwin Rice's decoupage techniques to decorate an interesting glass vase, but since I used acrylic paint instead of latex, it didn't work out so well. The acrylic didn't bond with the glass well at all and was very streaky. I'll be working to remove the paint (leaving the images on, which still look great) and going for a new background.

Sorry there hasn't been more merchandise posted, but I've been out of town for pretty much the whole month of June and haven't had a chance to work much. Please stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment